Monday, March 8, 2010

Lesson Learned

When I was a little girl, I used to stand on top of the washing machine to reach the cabinets. My mom had always warned me that it would eventually not take my weight and break with me on it. I never listened. One time, however, as I was reaching up to get a plate, the washing machine broke! I fell backwards and hit my head on the table. I immediately started yelling at my mom and telling her to come help me. She walked into the kitchen, looked at me, and said, "I told you this would happen." She helped me up and sat me down at the table and asked, "What are you going to do the next time I tell you something? Are you going to listen to me and not do it?" I knew that I should have listened to my mom and now every time she tells me something important, I listen to her because I know that it will eventually come true.

1 comment:

  1. OH man, don't you hate it when your mom is always right? As I get older, I have realized there were many times I should have listened and taken my mother's or father's advice or heeded her/his warnings but I didn't. I guess we have to make some mistakes to learn from them, but I sure wish I wouldn't have had to make QUITE so many.

    ReplyDelete