Monday, January 4, 2010

Story Spinners: Option 2


The long scar just below her left knee was enough for me to know that she had been in an accident. I wasn't quite sure what could make such a scar, but for me, being curious andimmature, was enough for me to want to find out. As the bus was pulling up into the station, I bee-lined straight towards her and asked if I may sit beside her. I could tell by her expression that she was a little surprised and didn't know quite what to say, but she accepted and let me.

We began our journey around noon that day and the sun was so bright that even in the bus, I had to squint my eyes to look at her. I didn't want to seem rude and straightforward to just spit out what I wanted to know, so I took my time and asked her a few questions before I said anything about her scar. The time came to ask and I knew what I wanted to say, "I don't mean to seem rude or anything, but I noticed your scar, and was curious about what may have caused it." Immediately her body became rigid and I knew that I had just touched a sensitive subject. She looked at me, and then around the bus, and finally said, "If you really want to know, you must get off the bus with me at the next stop and only then will I tell you." Knowing how serious this was, I had to say yes.

As we got off the bus, I noticed we were at a little farm market in a tiny village. I wasn't sure where we were, but apparently she did. She walked straight into a hut and told me to sit down and not to touch anything and then she walked out. I looked around at my surroundings to try and put any of this mystery together. Inside the hut there was a cot, roses, a mat, and a small fire place. I hadn't any idea why there would be roses inside, but I didn't have time to think about that because she walked back in. "I will tell you my story now, but you must listen and not say anything at all. If you say anything about this to anyone, I will kill you." Somehow, not even knowing her credentials, I knew she was serious.

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment